June 26, 2010: Welcoming summer at Lammon Aid Lake

Lammon Aid Lake is a small lake south of Calumet, MN. This ridiculously-named lake was discovered by our coworker Dave. Instead of cleaning the house or landscaping, as we probably should have, Vic and I took a quick excursion to add this lake to our collection. What better way to celebrate summer than spending an afternoon on a lake with lemonade?

Lammon Aid Lake was really scenic and had lots of wildlife. We saw loons, fish, dragonflies, and an eagle.


There only appeared to be 2 residences on this little lake - from our angle I saw one dock with a lawn chair on it and a tiny brown cabin on the opposite side. As much as I love our house, I think it would be pretty awesome to have a little secluded cabin on a lake. Maybe I'd go crazy with the isolation, but maybe not right away. There never seem to be enough hours in the day for reading, writing letters, and just thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment